So far the class tally for the year has included pottery on the wheel, shoe making, bee keeping (Chris), weaving, and now - embroidery. The embroidery class was a quick, free (thank you Twig & Tale!) online course that just taught a few stitches but I had a good time learning them. I've done counted cross stitch and bargello but never really tried to do classic embroidery stitching. Now that I've tried it I plan to add some details to some of the sewing I do.
I used a linen pocket that I'd sewn up but never attached to my pinafore. Figured it was about time to actually use the darn thing.
The pattern is a simple vine & flower wreath that you transfer to your fabric. Basic supplies are fabric, hoop, pattern, needle, and floss of some kind.
|Pattern and the first chain stitches|
I sewed the pocket onto my pinafore and left it as a double opening. My phone tucks in the tight inner pocket and I can use the outer layer of the pocket for quick access to whatever else I want to carry.
I haven't had to wash the apron since I added the pocket so I'm not positive how the embroidery stitching will hold up. I don't really feel like I secured it all that tightly on the back. If it loosens I'll just redo it and come up with a better way to knot off the threads.