- The Pantry - otherwise known as "my room". Lots to do in there and fortunately we've already gotten started: clean out room, build loft bed, stain window trim, trim windows and walls, build and install cookbook shelf, refinish armoire, paint dresser, cut in wall paint, put door on freezer closet, finish door trim (2 openings), build desk, paint file cabinets, build work island. Painting of furniture is actually more a "craft" than a "to-do" since it's optional and fun.
- Install a tin roof on the equipment area
- Trim out the interior of the house (not sure if we'll do the entire house at once or go room to room). That darn wood has to be dry at some point.
- Replace construction stairs with permanent treads and landing
- Replace construction railings with permanent ones.
- Build Chris's workshop!
- Build storage on the front porch
- Get the Bridge done? Maybe.
- Work on installing the garden beds and east-end stone patio
- Install permanent kitchen sink
- Upstairs closet doors - build and install
- Pretty up the porch - rebuild the pallet day bed, put some pillows and cushions out there, and generally make it more pleasing to the eye.
Friday, January 2, 2015
2015 Goal List - because I just can't resist
I know I said we'd only do the first quarter, but let's see what's ahead of us in 2015.