Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The House from 2012 to 2013 and looking ahead to 2014

Much was done on the house and homestead in 2013 (can we call it a homestead if we don't have animals yet? How about "property" instead). I've documented the progress here on the blog, in pictures for our annual photo album, and in our special Christmas ornament year-in-review. But I think these two pictures show it best.

December 2012

December 2013
Of course these don't show the interior. In the first photo we didn't have insulation, plumbing, drywall, wiring, or anything else inside. Basically, it was just a shell. So much work went into getting from there to here!

2014 will focus on finishing the exterior siding and putting up some critical exterior buildings like a woodworking shop and a chicken coop (admittedly, the woodworking shop will be much more involved). Interior projects will focus on storage: closets, mudroom, pantry, wardrobes. We also want to install moldings and baseboard throughout. Oh, and did I mention the hardwood floor for the entire second floor? Or the tiling job for the Bridge? Hmm, I need to stop now. Think I need some coffee and a big sheet of paper so I can start making a to-do list.

Best wishes for a happy 2014!


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha - always so much to do, isn't there? It's just beautiful though. I think you can call it a homestead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Staci. I figure we'll eventually earn the homestead moniker. Think chickens!

    ReplyDelete