Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The last cold weather?

This is supposed to be the last day of cold weather. They have a freeze warning in place for tonight, but the forecast from here on out is temps above 60 and lows in the high 30s. Finally! This has been the coldest spring we’ve had since moving up here. Most years I’ve been able to plant the garden in early May. I’ll cover the plants tonight then put the coverings away (hopefully).

We worked a bit on the bridge and front porch despite the cold. Cleaned the 8x10 rug and moved it up to the bridge. Cleaned the front porch and got the chairs arranged. Weather and pandemic permitting, we’ll get to sit and visit out there soon. Put up the dart board on the bridge and arranged the table and chairs. Still need to do some cleaning but that space is coming right along. 

Roasted a turkey last night and will get to enjoy leftovers for a while. Some I’ll shred and freeze for quick lunches mid-summer. I’ll also make some freezer pot pies. The rest will become quesadillas, egg rolls, enchiladas, and sandwiches. Gotta remember to roast turkey more often. Without the stress of timing a big family meal it really is a simple task with big payoff.

I dismembered my bird before roasting 
I also baked some ANZAC biscuits. Used the King Arthur Flour recipe as my starting point but adjusted the size and timing. Will definitely make these again.
Buttery toffee oat flavors
That’s about it for today. We’ve got a fire roaring, the house is warming nicely, and I’ll start the pies shortly. A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment