I'm jumping around in time lately. Posts are a bit out of sequence as I catch up on what we did all summer. Still, the pictures are pretty.
I already said we put up 162 feet of wood. That's a lot of wood!
We borrowed our friend's splitter so that we didn't have to rent one. It's an awesome splitter! Homemade from an I-beam, a bit of tank (yes, I said tank), an old truck seat, a car frame and axle, dump truck hydraulics, and the motor from a commercial power washer. It ran great and let us work at a slower pace since we didn't have to adhere to a rental schedule.
|The last pile to split. And the homemade splitter.|
|Bug hats were a must this year. All year.|
|The gaps may be a bit wide. We'll see.|