Thursday, September 17, 2020

Painting the dresser

Back about six years ago we scavenged a free dresser off Craig’s List. It was in great shape and was actually really good wood...but I wanted something fun for the studio. I used it, as-is, for years and finally got around to painting it. And boy did I make it fun!

Stripes! Dots! Dragonflies! Bees and butterflies! And lots of color. The purples match the supports for the work table and the greens are the same as on the armoire. The pinks are simply pretty.






The knobs are antique thread spools that my Mom gave me ages ago. I chose ones that had stamped ends then painted the sides with coordinating colors.





An antique hand-embroidered table cover to protect the top and it’s now full of linen and weaving supplies. Great storage and happy to look at. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment