Thursday, February 28, 2019

Another pottery class

We both thoroughly enjoyed our pottery experiences and decided that some additional instruction would be a good thing. So back to the studio we went!

I had some pretty specific pieces in mind but Chris was all about technique. He didn't turn out as many items as I did, but he sure did improve on his skill set. I made some improvements too but didn't experiment nearly as much as he did. 
Learning to turn a bowl
Trimming
Demo of a vessel
Glazing experiment
My attempt at a vessel
Forming a coil
Attaching that coil
Keen observation
Learning to make a pot
Bubble glaze!
This was a six week course and we spent every spare minute in the studio. We were there 3-4 times per week and had a wonderful time learning and expanding our skills. It was a great way to use up some of the winter - I can't believe it's already of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment