Wednesday, January 3, 2018

It's going to be a...

Many years ago I bought a velvet covered bedroom chair at auction for $5. It had great bones and the upholstery was in good shape. I knew I'd get some good use out of it. And I did. But great use is hard on a chair and it was looking really ratty. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could do something fun with it.
Uncovering those bones
Wool batting
Extremely well constructed 
Now what? 
Let's lower the arms
Much better profile for... 
Cooper's new bed!
Obviously I'm in the process of reupholstering it. I've reattached the arms, inset a plywood base to support a new foam cushion, and added batting to the bottom edges. Next up is strapping to support a back cushion then more batting around the arms and sides. Finally I'll enclose the chair sides and back in dark blue duck canvas and use the plaid wool blankets to cover bottom and back cushions. Assuming I can get Cooper out of it of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment