I had a favorite pair of pajamas that I got from Eddie Bauer - they fit great, the fabric was so soft, and I wore them as lounging pants around the house. Then, inevitably, they wore out. So I decided to test my slowly developing sewing skills and make a new pair.
I deconstructed just one of the legs of the PJs so that I could use the other leg as an example in case I had construction questions. This turned out to be a really good idea and one that I'll use again in the future.
I had some wonderfully soft flannel that I bought last spring for a different project but never used. Awesome! Except when I laid out my pants I realized that I didn't have enough fabric. The piece was only 42 inches wide and I couldn't keep the same grain direction for all four pieces (two fronts, two backs). I knew I didn't want to mix the grain direction as that would likely result in a bad drape, so I went back to the store for some more flannel. Of course they didn't have my pattern any more (it had been a year after all). So I bought some totally different flannel and figured I'd make something fun.
|My two flannels and laying out the first pattern piece|
My new furniture arrangement is really working for me. The large table top is great and I like the configuration so we'll be making this permanent. The two tops are not level to each other at the moment so one needs to be raised slightly and they need to be connected so they can't shift. I've asked Chris to inlay a yard stick so that I have some building in measuring tools. I think it'll look cool too.
Chris and Cooper both love the bed in there. A lot of napping goes on while I sew.
|A typical view when I'm working in there|
|I purposely mixes the front and back fabrics|